Thursday, August 02, 2007

ThE SOUND OF ART PRESENTS: HEAT as told by Led Black

I have come to the realization that when it comes to SOA events, there is a certain amount of magic involved. Something subtle, something infinitely difficult to quantify is at play. I always remember SOA events fondly, there is always a person there that I was destined to meet or someone who I already knew that I needed to touch base with. SOA’s latest Art experience, Heat, was no exception. On a beautiful summer day in June in the Washington Heights/Inwood Area, SOA in collaboration with Republica Trading Company outdid itself with this spectacular art event/fiesta. Heat involved two local retailers, Tread Bike Shop and Nostylgia, plenty of food and libations, compelling and eye-popping art as well as two of SOA’s artists producing on the spot masterpieces. I came away impressed by the way that SOA founder, Leo Vasquez, pulled off the logistics of such a feat as well as by the range and diversity of the patrons of the SOA movement. SOA events are fly and high-brow without being snooty and pretentious. Once again, SOA did not disappoint. It makes you wonder what they have in store for us next. Whatever it is - I know it will be a must attend event. Simply magic!!!
-Led Black

IMAGES CREDIT: PEL from WWW.PELNYC.BLOGSPOT.COM






Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home